Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Tuck and Roll

The upcoming baby had an appointment today! All is well and appears to be doing great at 17 weeks and counting! The heartbeat came in at 140 and that baby was all over the place! The doctor would have the little heart monitor on one side of the tummy and hear the quick "thump thump thump..." then SWOOSH! Then she would have to move to the complete other side of the tummy to find the heartbeat again. She'd find it then... SWOOSH! Back to the other side. Baby did not want to be messed with! Or... maybe he/she likes to play and was already tumbling back and forth?!

Next appointment is April 13 for the BIG ultrasound. The 45 minute one. The one where most people find out the sex of the baby. Most people, I said. We are not most people. So, we will use this ultrasound to let the doctor check out all the anatomy and parts and pieces.

I am really liking all of my doctors so far. There are 4 in the practice who deliver babies and I will meet them all. Which is new and different for me since Dr. Dennis in Charleston was a one man show. But - all the same, I am happy there and like the personality of them all.

Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Molly and Lake Russell said...

oh, how cute!! I can't wait to see profile pics:) yeah, my doc office is like that, & funny thing is, the doctor that delivered Saylor was an oncall doctor which came from a completely different office!! I had never met the doc that delivered her! Hope everything is going great with baby #2!