Wednesday, July 14, 2010

update!

I cannot believe I am 32 weeks pregnant. That means: we are on the final countdown. That means: I need to do some baby laundry. That means: this is really happening. That means: we will soon be a party of 4. That means: we need to think about names. Hmm... they told me the 2nd would fly by, and they were right!

Everything is going well - feeling good! Getting a little hot, but who isn't? I am going to the doc every two weeks and only have one more of those appointments to go before I start going once a week. This past visit I learned that the baby is breech! Little rascal is already trying to be different! I had been having some uncomfortable mornings (after being kicked all night) and evenings (after being on the go all day) and asked the doc about it. She said I appeared to be carrying a little low and then felt around and determined the baby is upside down! Not a concern right now - there is plenty of time for the baby to flip itself around. Let's just hope its sooner than later -- so I can have some relief! I had actually lost 4 pounds in the last 2 weeks and normally she (doc) wouldn't like this, but she said it can be common when carrying breech.

The heartbeat was 133 (lowest its been). Doc said the baby is coming into its own and now the blood is pumping through more "meat"! Sounded strong and was moving the whole time. Glucose test was great - iron has been a little low, but not too low to be concerned. Everything is measuring on target and doc is happy with everything! We are getting so excited - especially after finally completing our travels for the summer so we can be home and prepare.

I'll let you know if and when the baby decides to "straighten up"!

No comments: