Thursday, December 2, 2010

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Hanging out on Thanksgiving day. Charlotte was so excited about Thanksgiving -- and constantly quizzed me on what food we were going to have! Pretty sure her favs were ham, bread, cranberry sauce, and of course... pie!




I had to run to Target to get a few things the other night and the girls came with me. We made our way to "just look" at the Christmas decor they had since we had just started decorating our house. Charlotte fell in love with this tree and told me she wanted to decorate it for her and Sullivan. I gave in and let her get it and one set of ornaments. She picked them out -- even matches! She decorated it all by herself and we set it up in the hall where the girls rooms are. Charlotte adores her tree! While she told me ours was pretty, she quickly followed it up with, "now come see my tree!" Note the lovely placement of the ornaments... some in nice neat rows.


We have also given in to the whole "Elf on the Shelf craze. I have so many friends who have done it and swear by it - so we thought it would be a nice tradition to start. So, I got the book and Elf at the Christmas show and we decided to start it Dec. 1st.

So, Nov. 30th, we read the book before she went to bed and learned all about "the elf". Two things Charlotte really picked up on from the book -- 1) He talks to Santa 2) You can't touch him. They also said you have to name your elf. Well -- Charlotte thought for a minute and said she wants to name the elf Carl. CARL?!? What 3 year old thinks of the name Carl? I racked my brain trying to think of anyone we know named Carl - or someone from her school that she may have on her mind, but came up with nothing. So, Carl it is!

Carl has just begun to find his way around the house - as he is supposed to be in a new spot each morning (upon his return from the North Pole to tell Santa if Charlotte has been good or bad that day). My favorite phrase from Charlotte this morning upon finding him... "Heeeeey, Carl... how'd you do that?!"


No comments: