Friday, February 16, 2007

I don't know that much about soccer...



But we may have a future player on our hands!!

I (Mary-Margaret) have been feeling the baby kick (from the inside) for a couple weeks now -- just little flutters here and there. Progressivly getting stronger day by day. However, no one else can feel them. This can lead to me feeling like they weren't really happening. Until last night...

After doing my "salsa mama" workout video, I was relaxing a bit when I began to feel the baby kick. So, I decided to lay flat on the floor and see how strong they had become. I had my hand on my stomach, and thought I felt it from the outside too. So I yelled for Wes to come in the room. He was in the other room playing his guitar, and came running - I probably sounded frantic. I told him I felt he baby kick, and "let's just see if you can feel it". So, he sat down beside me, and put his hand on my stomach. We waited. Wes said, "Are you feeling it right now? Because I don't". I said, "No, not right now - but I did before I called you in - so just wait". Then -- it happened. THUMP. Wes's eyes opened real wide, and he turned to me... "Oh my gosh, that was it, wasn't it?" "YES!!". Wes got so tickled, he picked up his guitar and began playing "Wish You Were Here" until he forgot the words, and made up some cute rhyme about feeling the baby kick. He felt it a couple more times, and made my night.

By far one of the coolest things ever.

No comments: