Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Hospital VIP...



We had our most recent doctors appointment yesterday. They did the regular check up (blood pressure, weight, measure the belly, listen to heartbeat -- all good) and then threw in an ultrasound to take some more measurements of the baby. You see, about a month ago they did an ultrasound to determine how the baby was growing - and baby came in at about 5.5 lbs. At that time, it put the baby in the 75th percentile of growth - and the doc was afraid I was going to be delivering a whopper. Great. But, yesterday - the baby measured at 6.5 lbs and was in the 50-60th percentile for this time frame... the doc says this was good, and the baby probably just had its first growth spurt in the womb! Haha! So, I've currently got a 6.5 pounder with the potential to grow 2-2.5 more lbs in this last month! So, we'll see!

Everything else looked great and now we get to go once a week for a check up until the baby is born!! The time is near!

By the way -- did I mention this is going to be my first overnight hospital stay - ever. That makes me a little more nervous than the actual giving birth thing. But - luckily we found out something that will make delivery and my stay there not so bad... Our hospital allows laboring moms to have as many popsicles as they want. POPSICLES!!! The good 'ol fashioned ones like you used to get at the pool each summer. Red, Orange, Grape... you all know the ones! This was music to my ears since I currently have a box in our fridge that has been my late night snack during pregnancy. Lucky girl.

No comments: