Friday, January 9, 2009

I got the feeevaaaa...

Well, I don't have the fever, but Charlotte did! She had a virus earlier this week causing Tuesday night to not be very much fun. For Charlotte or mommy. She had a little cough starting up this past weekend, getting more and more consistent each day finally peaking Tuesday night.

Wes was out of town for work and Charlotte had been a little mopey since picking her up from school. I could tell she didn't feel well. So we had snack and watched some Noggin. She didn't want much dinner, so she had a bath and I put to down to bed. She finally got comfortable and had quit coughing a bit, so I went in to check on her. I heard a slight whisper coming from her crib... as I got closer to her I heard her saying (in her sleep)

"doggie...doggie...doggie..." followed by a little giggle.

I thought - yep, she has a fever. About and hour or so later, the coughing started up again and she couldn't get back to sleep, so I went in to get her so she could sit upright in the chair and rock. She was awake when I went in to get her, and as I reached to pick her up, I said,

"Hey baby... come here".

Charlotte responded with, "Hey doggie" and patted me on the head.

Nice.

We rocked all night long and actually went to the doctor to be safe the next morning. It was just a virus going around. Just gotta ride it out. She is feeling much better now, and has been sleeping just fine. Maybe she just needed some "Charlotte/doggie time".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, at least she thought you were a good puppy! I am glad that she is feeling better. I love hearing the stories and seeing pics!